Monday 19 May 2014

AND WHAT IF MY MIND GOES BLANK?

Perhaps what I find more challenging in the CPE exam is writing an article. There is no magical formula for them, nor fixed phrases that you can memorise in order to use them in the exam (such as "the aim of this report is to..." or "dear Sir or Madam".)


It used to terrify me to think I could be asked to write about a topic I know nothing about, or that I could lose 20 minutes looking for interesting title or a good way to start.
 
So what´s the trick to successfully write an article? Is there one? Well, I found one, although I´m not sure it will work for everyone. When my mind goes blank in the middle of a writing exam, I always remember what my best friend told me once:
 
"Si no sabes cómo comenzar, empieza diciendo la verdad".
"Just start by telling the truth if you don´t know how to start." 
 
And I always to that.
 
 ..........

Read some SAMPLE ARTICLES

A nostalgic trip to BA

Life and the city






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment